Thursday, December 16, 2004

watching police officers in a coffee shop

Two police officers were sitting accross from me in my favorite coffe shop the other day. I wrote this in my journal as I thought about them and their role in Society.

Just like police officers who spend their lives on the borderland of danger and death, we as Christians (at least the ones who aren't already there) should go and be there for the changing of Society in the name and deep power of Jesus. It's not as if a police officer thinks everyday that he will die. He (or She) is just willing to risk his life for the Common Good, and he clings to the belief that the Good will prevail, both in Society and in his protection. How much more should the Christian have the same aim, knowing that the Common Good is the man Jesus.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home